California North’s International Assistant Referee Veronica Perez announced that after 19 years of officiating, eight at the international level, it is time to retire.
During her FIFA career, Veronica officiated at twelve international tournaments, including the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Germany and two Summer Olympics: 2008 in Beijing and 2012 in London. Her most memorable match was refereeing in the third/fourth place match at the FIFA Women’s World Cup in Germany.
Rick Eddy, Director of Officials for the United States Soccer Federation, noted that “through dedication, hard work, and commitment, Veronica officiated in many of the professional leagues across the country; ranging from Women’s Professional matches, to Men’s Professional games, as well as International matches throughout North America.”
Said Ravanfar, the California North State Referee Administrator, announced that Veronica has taken on a new position with California North Referee Administration as the Assistant Referee Program Coordinator so she “can produce many future Veronica’s for our Federation.”
Rick Eddy announced that Veronica would be retained as a National Instructor so the entire country can benefit from her 19 years of highest-level knowledge.
List of Major Tournaments Veronica Perez officiated in:
- 2008 U17 FIFA Women’s World Cup CONCACAF Qualifier: Trinidad & Tobago
- 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics
- 2010 U20 FIFA Women’s World Cup Germany
- 2010 U17 FIFA Women’s World Cup CONCACAF Qualifier: Costa Rica
- 2010 FIFA Women’s World Cup Qualifier: Mexico
- 2011 Algarve Cup in Portugal
- 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup Germany
- 2011 CONCACAF pre-Olympic Qualifier: Guatemala
- 2012 U17 FIFA Women’s World Cup CONCACAF Qualifier: Guatemala
- 2012 U20 FIFA Women’s World Cup CONCACAF Qualifier: Panama
- 2012 London Summer Olympics
- 2014 U20 FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada