REFEREE CLINICS/COURSES & TESTING
Overview of All Referee Clinics, Courses, Academies, Match Narratives, Instructional Events, Fitness Tests, Written Tests
CLINIC/COURSE TYPES and DESCRIPTIONS:
- FORMAL COURSES/CLINICS: Courses generally depict classroom type instruction for entry level students or students advancing to a higher grade. The term “Clinics” though often used to describe any instructional function is mainly depicted for short training and instructional sessions that may occur in the classroom, online, or in or around the field.
- Entry Level Referee Courses: Courses for new referees to become a Grade 9, Grade 8, or Grade 7 referee.
- In-Service Clinics: Anual Refresher Clinics for all current Referees, Instructors, Assessors and Assignors of all grade levels.
- CNRA Area Session – Referee Academy: Each of the 9 Areas provide six (6) monthly three (3) hour field and classroom training sessions.
- CNRA State Session – Referee Academy: Invitation Only from CNRA after completion of two prior successive Area Referee Academies.
- Regional Training Seminar (RTS): Generally for Grade 7 Referees and higher seeking to participate in US Soccer Development Academy, Regional and National Tournaments, US Open Cup, NASL, USL-Pro, MLS-Reserves, MLS, and International assignments.
- REFEREE ACADEMIES: General Formal Clinic Details and Overview for available clinics.
- CNRA Masters Academy – General Clinic Details to come.
- CNRA Referee Academy - Area Sessions: click on page for details.
- CNRA Referee Academy – State Sessions: click on page for details.
- Tournament Referee Academy: CNRA may select certain tournaments within or outside of the State to provide either a core of referees to specifically develop their craft and/or to provide at a tournament or event field mentors, assessors and/or instructors to develop and teach as the tournament progresses.
- MATCH NARRATIVES: Pre-Game Preparation, Live Game Analysis, Post-Game debrief with or without referee crew. General Formal Clinic Details and Overview for available clinics.
- MLS Game Night: General Clinic Details.
- US Soccer Development Academy: General Clinic Details.
- NCAA Game Night: General Clinic Details.
OTHER INFORMAL INSTRUCTIONAL EVENTS: General Informal Clinic Details and Overview for available clinics.
- Example 1: General Clinic Details.
- Example 2: General Clinic Details.
- Example 3: General Clinic Details.
TESTING TYPES and DESCRIPTIONS:
- FITNESS TESTS & FITNESS TRAINING SESSIONS: General Details and Overview
- USSF Fitness Test (The Cooper Test aka “fun run” is No Longer Administered. The “Interval Test” is the only Fitness test and only required for Grade 6 – Grade 1 Referees.)
- State Interval Test: General Details.
- National Interval Test: General Details.
- Professional/FIFA Interval Test: General Details.
- Fitness Training Session: General Details
- WRITTEN TESTS: General Details and Overview
- Grade 8 Maintenance Test: General Details.
- Grade 7 Maintenance or Upgrade Test: General Details.
- Grade 6 Maintenance or Upgrade Test: General Details.
- Grade 5 Maintenance or Upgrade Test: General Details.