Grade 6 (State Referee) Upgrade
These requirements are for referees wishing to upgrade to Grade 6 (State Referee):
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Previous Game Experience: Minimum of 100 games
- Previous Grade Experience: Minimum of 1 year as a Grade 7 Referee
- In-Service Training: Complete the Grade 6 State Referee Course
- Laws of the Game Test: Pass the Grade 6 State Referee Test (online or in-person)
- Fitness Test: Pass the FIFA Referee Fitness Test
- Sprint Test: Maximum of 6.6 seconds per sprint
- Interval Test: Maximum of 35 seconds for the 150 meter run and Maximum of 40 seconds for the 50 meter walk
- Practical Evaluation: Minimum of two (2) passing game assessments
- Minimum of 2 passing assessments (70% or better) as Center Referee that meet the sufficient test criteria (from affiliated games with a minimum of 40 minute halves)
- Assessments must be completed by two different State Assessors
- At least 1 of these assessments must be from an adult game
- Select: “Sign Up For Course”
- Select: “Entry Level Grade 6 – State Referee”
- Select and Click on a Number of a Course you wish to register.
- If the Dates and Times of each session of works then Click on: “To register for this course, please Click Here“
- Complete the rest of the Course Registration Process and submit an online credit card payment for the Grade 6 State Referee Registration.
A PDF registration form is available for download if you need to pay by check. Please mail the completed form along with your check (payable to CNRA) to: CNRA, P.O. Box 848, Rocklin CA 95677. Allow 3-4 weeks for processing.
You should receive your new USSF referee packet (Badge & Referee Card) from United States Soccer Federation within 8 to 12 weeks. Law books are mailed only to State and National Referees. You may download your e-book copy from CNRA.
Should you need any assistance with registration, email our CNRA Registrar.