MAIL-IN PAPER REGISTRATION
Instructions for When You Must Submit your Paper Registration Form/Re-Certification and/or Paper Records by Mail
Referees who are registered with the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) must renew their registration annually through CNRA’s GameOfficials.net registration management system. Referees are registered for the calendar year, January 1 to December 31. Registrations may be submitted early, beginning July 1st of the year prior to the registration period. Re-registrations may also be submitted through to October 31 of that same registration year.
New referees completing their course work on or prior to June 30th will be required to register for the following year’s registration period and receive the appropriate badge for that year. These New referees will be required to re-register for the upcoming year and may begin doing so on July 1st of the prior year of registration.
Courses for New Referees that are completed on or after July 1 will be processed for the following year’s registration period. These New Referees may begin refereeing immediately though their badge and registration is listed for the following calendar year. New referees will be considered registered after the State Registrar or State Registrar Administrator has accepted the registration, provided that United States Soccer Federation policies and procedures have been followed, and may be added to state assignment lists thereafter.
Re-certifying referees will be considered registered when they are in compliance with ALL United States Soccer Federation registration rules and regulations and will then be added to state assignment lists at that time.
National, Professional and International Referees and National Referee Candidates must be registered by December 15 of the year prior (or any date stated by USSF) to the certification camp and directly with the National Office online.
Referees must submit the following:
- Completed USSF Registration Form.
- If possible fill in the form online BEFORE printing it out. One letter per square.
- Handwritten paper forms will delay processing.
- Complete as much of Step 1 as you can. If you are re-certifying, your USSF ID Number is required. If you don’t know your USSF ID Number or can’t locate it, leave it blank. The USSF does NOT need your Social Security Number so to protect yourself from identity theft, please do NOT put it on the form.
- State Association = CAN (Cal-North, not Canada). Don’t change it.
- Grade = Referee Grade (not your grade in school).
- The AREA field is used to indicate which California North Area you are in. If you don’t know, check the map on the Area Map page.
- Place a check mark in the box in Step 2 if you are requesting an upgrade AND you meet all the requirements.
- Re-certifying Referees and Assistant Referees should report the number of matches done in the past year in Step 3, Affiliated Game Experience For Prior Year. Write in the actual number of games done at each level. Do not use “X’s” or check marks.
- Read Step 5 and then check the appropriate box. If you have checked the “yes” box, please submit the following information with your form: description of offense, date, court, and sentence. Information is evaluated on a case by case basis in relationship to being a referee. If a box is not checked in Step 5, the form will be returned.
- CLICK THE PRINT BUTTON TO PRINT THE FORM.
- Print the form in black and white (not color).
- Print 1 copy of the form to send in.
- Sign and date your form on the signature line provided. Your signature attests that all information contained on the form is true and correct. Misrepresentation or falsification of facts are reason for possible dismissal. Unsigned forms will be returned.
Mail-In Paper Registration Address
- CNRA Registration
- attn: Mail-in Paper Registration
5050 Laguna BlvdSuite 112 Box 454Elk Grove, CA 95758
State Registration Contacts:
Your registration should now be completed. You should receive an email confirming your registration and provide you with a record of you transaction. CNRA advises you to print a copy of this and place it within your referee file as proof of current registration.
You should receive your new USSF referee badge and card and a new USSF Laws of the Game Book from United States Soccer Federation between 8 to 12 weeks.