Cross Certification from AYSO to USSF
Cross-certification is available to referees of AYSO and the U.S. Soccer Federation who have been certified as referees for six months or more and who are not certified with both organizations.
All games officiated for AYSO or the U.S. Soccer Federation may be applied toward the certification requirements of either AYSO or the U.S. Soccer Federation.
AYSO Referees may cross certify from an AYSO Intermediate, Advanced, or National Referee to a USSF Grade 8.
Currently, ALL AYSO Cross Certification and USSF Registrations must be submitted to CNRA by mail.
- Print the Cross Certification Form from AYSO.
- For upgrades from AYSO Intermediate and Advanced Referees: Scan the form and e-mail it to your AYSO Area Referee Administrator. They should sign the form and e-mail it back to you.
- For upgrades from AYSO National Referee: The form needs to be signed by your AYSO Section Referee Administrator.
- There are easier/simpler methods than scan and email available. The free Adobe Acrobat Reader allows you to fill in the form and sign without going through a print and scan process.
- Use the “SIGN” tab on the upper-right menu.
- You can simply email the filled-in-form to your ARA or SRA.
- Your AYSO referee administrator will email the form back to you.
- Complete the USSF Registration Form.
- Fill in the form online BEFORE printing it out. One letter per square. Handwritten forms will delay processing.
- Complete as much of Step 1 as you can. If you are re-certifying, your USSF ID Number is required. If you don’t know your USSF ID Number or can’t locate it, leave it blank. The USSF does NOT need your Social Security Number so to protect yourself from identity theft, please do NOT put it on the form.
- State Association = CAN (Cal-North, not Canada). Don’t change it.
- Grade = Referee Grade, not your grade in school. [Grade 8 for all AYSO Referees.]
- The DISTRICT field is used to indicate which California North Region you are in. If you don’t know, check the map on the Regional Map page.
- Read Step 5 and then check the appropriate box. If you have checked the “yes” box, please submit the following information with your form: description of offense, date, court, and sentence. Information is evaluated on a case by case basis in relationship to being a referee. If a box is not checked in Step 5, the form will be returned.
- CLICK THE PRINT BUTTON TO PRINT THE FORM.
- Print the form in black and white (not color).
- Print 1 copy of the form to send in.
- Sign and date your form on the signature line provided. Your signature attests that all information contained on the form is true and correct. Misrepresentation or falsification of facts are reason for possible dismissal. Unsigned forms will be returned.
- Check payable to “CNRA” in the appropriate amount. Find the current fee here: CNRA Registration Fee
- Mail the cross-certification form, the USSF registration form, and your check to the following:
- CNRA Registration
Attn: AYSO Crossover
P.O. Box 848
Rocklin, CA 95677
- CNRA Registration